Publishing and winning of Government tenders online have changed completely in the last few years. As the world is becoming techno-friendly, everything is shifting from offline to online portal. Now, life is nothing without the internet. There is no need to personally approach the client, now all the information is available on a single tap. However, you can fetch the best government contracts online. According to reports in India, people are more interested in government single tenders compared to the private sector. The reason is the Government procurement has security, better payment method, and a long period. Moreover, there are tons of online websites available to provide you relevant information. TendersPedia provides all the information about both the public and private sectors. The official Central Public Procurement Portal is known by the E-Procurement site.
What is the Central Public Procurement Portal?
It is an online and official portal of the Government of India. You can find all the single tenders published by both central and state governments on this website. It is an online hub of government tenders in India. The website has great infrastructure and provides a better experience while surfing.
The tenders are divided into different categories to make it easier for both experienced and newcomers.
You can easily find the required tender by name. On the homepage, you can see all the latest tenders and their information. For more precision, there are tabs like Tenders by Organisation, Tenders by location, Tenders by sector, etc.
Registration through Website
Register your company on the E-procurement website to place a bid for a single tender. On the website home page, you’ll find an “Online Bidder Enrollment” option where you can initiate the registration procedure. Fill in all the required company details and submit the documents. After registration, you’ll be allotted your login id and password from which you can continue your bidding process.
Steps to be followed to fill Public Procurement
Here are the steps to be followed to fill government tender through the online portal:
- 1. Go to the homepage and register online with Online Bidder Enrolment. After registering successfully, you will get the login id and password.
- 2. Use the login credentials to open your bidding account. Don’t share your login details, it can be issued by others.
- 3. Bidders can upload and update documents at My Documents in advance before planning to purchase any tender. Fore specific tender they can select required documents during bid submission.
- 4. After downloading the schedule of tender, go through it carefully. Check all the required documents and submit them as per guidelines. Any small mistake can lead you to rejection and penalties.
- 5. Never do any modification to the BOQ template. Upload the same template after filling in the required details. Bidders are allowed to fill Bidder’s name and value.
- 6. If there is any error obtained during filling the government tender, consider it before submitting the published bid.
- 7. Prepare all the documents in advance in PDF/XLS/RAR/DWF format to avoid the last-minute hustle.
- 8. A bidder should arrange the EMD as per tender. Bidder needs to submit the original hard copy via post to the Tender Inviting Authority within the submission deadline of the tender.
- 9. Read the terms and conscious and accept them. Proceed further.
- 10. There are no specific size requirements for uploaded files from the E-Procurement portal. The upload decides on the memory available in the client system and intent speed. However, if you want to reduce size scan your documents in 75-100 DPI to maintain the quality.
- 11. Don’t forget to click on the Freeze Bid Button to make sure that you have completed the bidding process. The unfrozen bids are invalid, incomplete, and don’t fall under the evaluation process.
- 12. The scanned copy of Earnest Money Deposit will be required to bid submission.
- 13. The Tender Inviting Authority will not be responsible for any delay. The bidder will solely responsible for late submission or rejection.
- 14. During the bid freezing time, E-Procurement sent you the successful bid uploading notification. There will be a summary of your bid along with bid no, date, time and relevant details will be provided by the portal. Moreover, all the documents will be signed by e-token.
- 15. Don’t forget to take out the paper print of the bid submission. Keep the paper safe, it will act as the bid submission proof and be required during the bid opening event.
- 16. Successful bid means the uploading of bid successfully. The system will store the bid.
- 17. All the documents should be virus-free and should open during the bidder selection and evaluation. The corrupted files will be automatically rejected by the portal.
- 18. The bid submission date and time will be followed as per the E-Procurement Portal. The time will be according to Indian Standard Time is GMT+5:30. Don’t prefer personal watch for the deadlines or opening of the new bids
- 19. Don’t worry about the privacy of your data. All the data will be encrypted from the government end. The PKI encryption software ensures the safety of your company data. The data is readable by the Organised authority after the bid opening.
- 20. Bidders are requested to submit the data as per the E-procurement portal date and time. Your data will be secure and confidential under Government security. However, bidders should not share their login credentials with anyone. Government can look after it from their end, not yours.
Why Government Tenders?
In India, Government single tender is prioritized more than public sector tenders for numerous reasons. Here are the reasons why government tenders are better:
- ● Government tenders are safe and secure. No matter what government will not ditch you.
- ● The payment might take a long time but there is a 100% possibility of payment clearance. There are some doubts about public tenders.
- ● A bidder needs to make his place in the government tender market once, rest he/she can expect good opportunities in the future.
However, these are the following things you should consider before bid submission. We all know government single tenders are considered better. It is quite challenging to find the most trustable news from the pile of news.
TendersPedia has the latest and verified news to help potential bidders to get the best bid. All type of information is available on their online portal.